Septic Repair in Mooresville, NC
Septic Backups Are Emergencies — Call 704-892-5843
If you’re a homeowner in Mooresville, NC, dealing with a septic backup, you know how disruptive and messy this problem can be. Septic backups occur when there’s a clog or blockage in your home’s septic system, preventing wastewater from properly draining. This wastewater backs up into the lowest drains, flooding bathrooms, and potentially other areas in the home with raw sewage. Needless to say, septic back-ups require immediate attention.
Our experienced plumbing technicians at Ultimate Plumbing and HVAC are here 24/7 to provide septic repairs and maintenance for Mooresville area homeowners. If you’re dealing with a septic tank backup, we have the expertise and equipment to diagnose the problem and get your system draining properly again.
Common Causes of Septic Back-Ups
There are a few common causes of septic tank backups in Mooresville homes:
- Septic Tank Clogs: Grease, solids, and other debris can build up in the septic tank over time. This material eventually clogs intake pipes or drain field lines. Tree roots can also clog pipes.
- Drain Field Problems: If the soil around the drain field is saturated or compacted, it can prevent wastewater from filtering out of the septic tank properly. Pipes may also become cracked over time.
- Septic Tank Backups: Sometimes, the outlet baffle or tees in the septic tank get clogged, causing a backflow of sewage.
- Pump or Siphon Failures: Many septic systems rely on pumps or siphons to move wastewater. If these components fail, it stops the wastewater flow.
The technicians at Ultimate Plumbing and HVAC have seen all of these issues when servicing Mooresville area septic systems. We can quickly diagnose the specific problem and recommend the appropriate repairs.
Professional Septic Repair and Replacement Services
Ultimate Plumbing and HVAC offers the following septic tank backup repair and replacement services for Mooresville homeowners:
- Septic Tank Pumping and Cleaning: We’ll vacuum out all solids and grease to clear clogs and restore proper flow to the septic tank. Frequent septic tank cleanings can help prevent back-ups.
- Drain Field Repairs: We can repair cracked pipes, clear blockages, or install new gravel and pipes in your drain field.
- Baffle and Pipe Repairs: Our team will identify and fix damaged baffles or cracked pipes inside the septic tank.
- Pump and Siphon Repairs and Replacement: Our team will also repair or replace malfunctioning pumps or siphons with new, energy-efficient models.
- Full Septic System Replacement: For older, severely damaged septic systems, a full replacement is sometimes needed. Our plumbers can handle the whole process.
- Advanced Diagnostics: Our plumbing team can run camera inspections, pressure tests, flow tests, and other diagnostics to pinpoint septic system issues.
With years of plumbing experience in the Mooresville area, Ultimate Plumbing and HVAC has seen every type of septic tank system problem imaginable. No matter how complex the repair, you can trust our team to solve it.
24/7 Emergency Septic Tank Services for Toilet Leaks and Sewage Back-ups
If you have a plumbing emergency like a backed-up toilet leaking sewage in Mooresville, Ultimate Plumbing and HVAC is available 24/7 to help. We understand that septic tank problems like backed-up toilets require immediate attention and will make your repair a top priority.
We offer the following for septic tank and system repair:
- Round-the-Clock Service: You can reach us anytime, day or night. Simply call our emergency line at (704) 892-5843.
- Fast Response Times: Emergency calls receive one to two-hour response times in most cases, so repairs can start ASAP.
- All Required Equipment On Hand: Our technicians carry all the necessary equipment so we can address most issues in a single service visit.
- Emergency Cleanup Assistance: We can assist with containing sewage backups and provide recommendations for reputable water extraction and restoration companies for any resulting flood damage.
Septic System Maintenance Tips for Mooresville Homeowners
To help avoid septic back-ups and expensive emergency repairs, Ultimate Plumbing and HVAC recommends the following septic tank maintenance tips:
- Have the septic tank pumped regularly every three to five years to prevent solids buildup.
- Have our professional plumbers inspect the tank, pipes, and drain field annually to identify potential problems early.
- Avoid pouring fats, grease, or chemicals like paint down drains. This can cause a septic tank backup quickly.
- Limit the use of garbage disposals and avoid non-biodegradable items.
- Don’t use septic tank additives. These can damage your septic tank over time.
- Conserve water to avoid overloading septic tanks.
- Fix toilet leaks right away.
- Don’t drive vehicles over the drain field or build structures over it.
- Keep all drains and toilets flowing freely. Don’t ignore sluggish draining.
- Plant only grass over and near the septic tank drain field to avoid damage from roots.
- Divert rainwater and runoff away from the septic tank drain field.
Following these tips and having a maintenance contract with Ultimate Plumbing and HVAC for annual inspections and pumping can maximize the life of your Mooresville septic tank and prevent costly repairs down the road.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does my toilet leak sewage during a backup?
When the septic tanks are backed up, sewage has nowhere to go. It’ll come up through the lowest opening in the plumbing system, which is usually the toilet. This black water overflow means your septic system isn’t draining properly.
Can I use drain cleaners to clear a septic backup?
No, you should never use chemical drain cleaners with a septic system. They can damage the system and contaminate groundwater. Call a professional plumber to diagnose and address the problem.
Are sewage backups ever dangerous?
Yes, raw sewage contains bacteria, viruses, and other contaminants. Never try to clean up a sewage backup yourself, as the health risks are severe. Let a professional handle containment and cleanup.
How do I know if I have a septic tank or sewer system?
Septic systems serve rural properties not connected to city sewer lines. Check your yard for lids to an underground septic tank and drain field. If you’re unsure, ask a professional plumber.
Trust the Septic System Pros at Ultimate Plumbing and HVAC
If you’re dealing with the hassle and mess of a septic back-up in your Mooresville, NC home, call Ultimate Plumbing and HVAC at 704-892-5843 for professional diagnosis and septic tank repair services. Our technicians can quickly get your system draining properly again.
For new septic system installation or routine maintenance to prevent back-ups, we’re the local company Mooresville homeowners can count on. Contact us today for help with all your septic system needs!